If you’re ready to elevate your game day experience, we have just the tips for you. From die-hard sports enthusiasts to the person who is watching the game just for snacks and the halftime show, there’s no denying the excitement (and preparation!) that comes with getting ready for game day. It’s a great way to bond with your friends and family while donning seriously fashionable game day apparel and immersing yourselves in the thrill of friendly competition. Get ready to get your game on with our list of seven ways to celebrate game day!
- Team Spirit Fashion — To get into the spirit of game day, look the part by wearing fall colored clothes in your team’s colors. What better way to show your team spirit than by incorporating team colors into all the little details like your sports jersey, a cozy knit scarf, or even your nail polish? If you’re celebrating game day outside, layering is essential, so consider a team-themed jacket or cardigan for extra warmth. Accessories like earrings or hats in your team colors can be fun touches. For a little more creativity, try braiding team-colored ribbons in your hair or wearing eyeshadow or lipstick in your team’s colors.
- Tailgate Extravagance — If you haven’t considered doing a tailgate on game day, now is a great time to get into this beloved American tradition. If you’ve never done a tailgate before, it’s when fans gather before the big event, typically at a parking lot at or near the stadium. It’s one big pre-game party filled with food, drinks, and fun with other fans. To make the most of your tailgate, arrive early and make sure you bring plenty of snacks and drinks to stay replenished throughout the day. You can decorate your tailgating space with team banners and tableware in team colors. Bring games like frisbee or cornhole as a way to bond with fellow sports enthusiasts before the game begins.
- Game-Winning Bites — Watching the big game from the comfort of your own home instead? Stay cozy when you’re cooking in the kitchen and running around while serving those game-winning recipes by wearing trendy sweaters. Crowd-pleasers like loaded nachos with cheese and chili never disappoint. Hearty sliders with various toppings provide diverse options for a little something for everyone. Try a build-your-own sandwich station with fresh ingredients. As for shareable apps, think of colorful veggie platters with hummus and crispy mozzarella sticks.
- Serve Touchdown Desserts — For a sweet touch, score big with your guests by serving chocolate chip cookies or brownie bites. Cherry or apple turnovers offer a delightful fruity option, while indulgent chocolate-dipped strawberries offer an elegant touch. For a playful twist, try team-themed cupcakes or a colorful fruit pizza with cream cheese frosting. Any of these desserts are sure to score a touchdown at your game day feast.
- DIY Decor — Get crafty by making some DIY decor for your game day celebration. You can make a large banner or flag from fabric, felt, or even a bedsheet you have at home. You can design your own jersey tablecloth with your favorite player’s number and name. Get the little ones in on the artsy fun by resting foam fingers out of foam sheets and decorating them with the team colors.
- Wear Face Paint — Your team’s face paint colors can match your women’s clothing for a cohesive look. To nail your face paint look, begin with clean and moisturized skin as your base. Stick to non-toxic, skin-safe face paints or makeup in your team’s colors. Use a brush or makeup sponge for a smooth application. Bold designs like stars, stripes, or your team’s logo can be mixed with glitter and rhinestones for added flair. Finish off the look with a setting spray to keep your face paint in place throughout the game.
- Sports Trivia — Test your guests’ sports knowledge by playing a rousing game of sports trivia. If you’re hosting a baseball game get-together, you can ask fun baseball trivia questions like “Do you know how many average minutes of action are in an MLB game?” It’s just 18 minutes. As for those bustling fall football games, did you know that NFL referees also receive Super Bowl rings? To host your sports trivia contest, prepare a list of trivia questions in advance that vary in difficulty to challenge both newbies and diehard fans. Decide whether your guests will collaborate as a team or compete individually. Consider offering prizes like team merchandise or sports memorabilia to winners to make it interesting. Overall, it’s a friendly competition as a way to test your sports knowledge and a great conversation starter before the big game.
Whether you’re searching for yummy game-time recipes to munch on or chic outfit ideas to show off your team spirit, we hope you’re inspired to celebrate the big game in style. Grab your pom-poms and put on your foam fingers. Soon, you’ll be kicking off your sporty celebration that’s not just about the final score. When you set the tone with game day looks, you’ll be celebrating all the fantastic highs and lows that happen along the way. Good luck, and have fun!