It’s a well-known fact that Florida is one of the best states in which to live, and it’s also one of the most popular destinations for visitors from all over the world. Each season has its own unique charm. Are you looking for an escape from the cold winter weather and want to take advantage of some of the year’s best deals on hotels and flights? If you are, take a look at our list of 6 reasons you should visit Florida in Spring.
Visiting Florida in spring has numerous advantages, including pleasant weather, unique events, and an abundance of attractions. One popular destination in Florida is Universal Orlando, known for its thrilling theme parks and entertainment options. To make the most of your trip, finding the right accommodation is essential. Explore the ultimate guide to the top 8 hotels in Universal Orlando. This valuable resource will help you select the perfect hotel for your needs without feeling overwhelmed by promotional content, ensuring a memorable experience.
Table of Contents
1. Spring Break
Spring break is a big deal in Florida. Florida in spring is the time of year when you’ll find most tourists, especially families with children. If you’re looking for an ideal family vacation spot and decided where to travel this year, spring break is the perfect time to visit Florida!
Spring break is also great if you want to enjoy some warm weather before summer hits full force (though it will still be hot). You’ll be able to take advantage of some great deals on flights and hotels during this period too – especially if you book early enough!
2. Local Festivals
There are thousands of festivals in Florida, and many are held during spring. Here are a few that you might want to check out:
- The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is a renowned culinary extravaganza in Orlando. Discover a world of flavors as you sample exquisite wines and indulge in delectable dishes from around the globe. After a day of epicurean adventures, unwind and recharge at the suburban extended stay hotel, offering comfort and convenience for your stay in Orlando.
- The Miami International Film Festival is one of the longest-running film festivals in the nation, having been founded in 1985 by Robert Redford and Warren Beatty. It features independent films from around the world as well as special screenings and events focused on environmental issues such as climate change and wildlife conservation.
- The Sarasota Film Festival is another popular event held annually since 2002 at various venues throughout Sarasota County including historic theaters such as The Ringling Museum (home to paintings by French artist Edgar Degas) or newly constructed venues like The Van Wesel Performing Arts Hall (which houses an orchestra pit). This year’s theme is “Icons” so expect lots of appearances by celebrities like Sylvester Stallone or Johnny Depp!
- If music’s more your thing then consider checking out SunFest Music Festival which takes place every Memorial Day weekend at Veterans Memorial Park.
Miami is also a great destination for newlyweds. If you are considering Florida as your honeymoon travel, you’re making a great decision! This state has so much to offer to young people looking for a romantic getaway.
3. The Weather
This state is known for its warm weather, so Florida in spring is no exception. The temperatures are usually in the 70s and 80s, which makes it perfect for outdoor activities like swimming or biking. Plus, the rainy season has ended so there are fewer crowds than usual at theme parks and beaches.
It’s a fact that many people move to Florida for this reason. Great weather is probably the number one reason why you would want to find a home in this state. If you decide to pack your bags and relocate to Florida, specialists will have your back. Local movers can help you with everything from packing, transportation, and unpacking your belongings.
4. Spring Break Activities for Kids
Spring Break is a great time to visit Florida. With its mild climate, kids can enjoy the beaches and theme parks. There are many family-friendly attractions to visit, such as water parks, going bowling, and even catching a movie! Here are some things for children 6-12 years old:
- Bring your own fishing pole or buy one at Pier Park. Catch a fish from the pier using live bait or artificial lures. If you’re lucky enough to catch one then bring it back home with you! It’ll be fun telling people about how big your catch was when they ask where’d ya get that?! (It’s also good practice if someday when live closer together again.)
- Go skydiving with Skydive City in Zephyrhills which has been around since 1969. They know what they’re doing when it comes down to safety issues related to jumping out of planes while having fun doing so!
5. Lighter Crowds and Better Prices at Theme Parks
Spring break is a time for families to get together and enjoy each other’s company. But with so many people coming to Florida, it can be hard to find the right accommodations at a reasonable price.
Spring break crowds are one of the biggest reasons why people avoid visiting Florida in spring. However, there are some ways around this problem! One option is to stay outside of major theme parks such as Disney World or Universal Studios during peak times like spring break – you’ll find fewer crowds here than at those locations because most families will stay closer by when they visit Orlando during these busy periods.
6. Travel Deals and Last-Minute Specials
If you decide to relocate to Florida, spring will be a good time to do it! In case your new home is still not move-in ready, you can look for travel deals and find pretty affordable last-minute hotels. During the move, experts from Pro Movers Miami suggest looking for a storage facility that will keep your inventory safe. While your home is renovating, you should make sure that none of your items is lost or damaged.
If you’re willing to book your trip at the last minute, you may be able to take advantage of some great deals on travel packages. Some hotels will offer last-minute specials if they have unsold rooms, while other hotels may offer free or discounted upgrades if they are not fully booked. In addition, many airlines will offer special deals for flights that depart within seven days of booking a reservation (the earlier in advance you book your flight, the more expensive it will be).
Florida is a great place to visit any time of the year, but spring is an especially good time to go
Florida in spring is a great place to visit any time of the year, but spring is an especially good time to go. The weather is warm and sunny, making it ideal for outdoor activities. Many travel bloggers live here, the crowds are lighter and prices are lower at theme parks like Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando (which has extended its hours on weekends through April).
Spring breakers will find lots of fun things to do with kids in Florida during spring break. From visiting Disney World or SeaWorld Orlando to taking a cruise down the Gulf Coast on one of several excursions available from Port Tampa Bay or Miami’s Port Everglades. Adults looking for ways to enjoy themselves during their own spring vacation will have plenty of options too.
If you’re looking for a great spring break or other travel deals, Florida in spring is the place to go. The weather is ideal for outdoor activities, there are plenty of festivals to attend and the crowds are smaller than in the summer or winter months. Plus, there are so many fun things for kids!